Deloitte - Long hours, great exposure, highly competent people | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

"Long hours, great exposure, highly competent people"

Current Employee - Associate in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Associate in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fantastic experience within the audit and accounting realm. I learn something new everyday and constantly build my network and professional skills.

Cons

As an associate, you are paid lower than your peers in the corporate world while working longer hours and performing more important work across several LOB's.

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

1. "A good place to get experience, but not a long-term career"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good salary
    Good bonus
    23 days PTO to start
    Some interesting projects
    Some very talented people

Cons

80-100% travel
    Poor work-life balance
    Heavy off-shore model
    Lots of staff-aug type engagements
    Low caliber talent hired whenever there is an open role

Advice to Management

Deloitte has a lot of great ideas, methods, morals, etc., however many of these things are not followed on the projects. Often the focus is purely on what is contractually required in the SOW, as opposed to what is best for the client. Unrealistic project timelines are consistently adopted and always end in horrible resources crunches, long weekends and late nights. Upper level management and partners need to start learning from their mistakes and manage projects more realistically, even if it means not winning the work. Don't underbid every project, and then kill your people to get it done.

"Long Hours"

Former Employee - Product Owner in Hermitage, TN
    Former Employee - Product Owner in Hermitage, TN

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has a good diversity program. They do a lot for charities in the local area.

Cons

It's obviously called WORK for a reason! Not that I mind hard work... I don't! I gave my 150-200% all the time! But it always seemed the more you did, the more they gave you... without any compensation or thanks in the process. Most of the employees are being stretched too far-- Ones with good work ethic are undermined and railroaded. Too many favorites... the rest will die trying. And nothing seems to change. Your job is safer if you brown nose to management instead of doing a good job.

Advice to Management

Consider replacing the current CIO, he may be intelligent but wisdom comes with age. Review what middle management is doing to employees. People are not machines and need a life outside of work. Focus on not demanding more than 45 hrs/week of employees. We will move on to better environments as opportunities present themselves. Make sure new employees get the training they need to be successful.