Deloitte - Great place to build a career. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

"Great place to build a career."

Current Employee - Manager in Detroit, MI
Current Employee - Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Outstanding group of professionals, in an organization offering many career path options.

Cons

In such a huge firm, it can be difficult to differentiate oneself and establish career momentum.

Advice to Management

Share some of the wealth downward. I have seen too many very intelligent professionals leave to go to competitor firms. If those firms see the value in these people at increased compensation levels, then it's likely that Deloitte should do the same. To continue to lose people is to allow for some of Deloitte's competitive advantage to move into competitive firms. To keep professionals who are truly the best, they should be compensated as such.

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

"Deloitte Consulting Strategy & Operations is an incredible place to start your career"

Current Employee - Manager, Strategy Practice in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Manager, Strategy Practice in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A breadth of project opportunities across industries and functions; challenging work helping our clients through their most difficult challenges; an accelerated career path with mentors and peers that truly care about your personal development; the opportunity to have a huge impact and take on leadership roles from the onset of your time at the firm

Cons

Consulting is a tough job, our clients don't hire us to do easy work. You have to be hungry to learn, grow and produce results in order to succeed here.

Advice to Management

Continue to support the development of employees and invest in their future; be careful to maintain the close, collaborative, collegiate culture here at Deloitte as the firm continues to grow into the future

"Great place to work and advance your career"

Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Deloitte provides opportunities to make large impacts with your clients and their business. These opportunities will come earlier in your career than if you were in industry. The pay and benefits are some of the best available and the people are some of the brightest you will work with.

Cons

The consulting life style is not for everyone and the travel and time required for this job can be very stressful. While the company does a lot to help people manage this and provides flexibility when possible, it is a reality that everyone must manage.

Advice to Management

Focus on the people and stay true to the core values of Deloitte as we continue to grow rapidly. Do not sacrifice what has made this such a great place to work in order to hit aggressive growth targets.