Deloitte - Deloitte has enabled me to build the skills and experiences to be successful in management consulting and beyond. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

"Deloitte has enabled me to build the skills and experiences to be successful in management consulting and beyond."

Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Manager in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

1) Interesting business questions and situations: we have the opportunity to work with our clients on many of their most interesting and challenging issues.

2) Apprenticeship-driven culture: leaders take the time during project work and beyond to help build skills and expertise in the staff.

3) Diverse roles and projects: the goal of many people out of undergrad and grad school entering consulting is to try out various types of work and industries, Deloitte has absolutely afforded me that opportunity to learn and explore before specializing.

4) Incredibly talented and fun staff: probably the single thing that makes me love my job is the staff I get to work with day to day. Bright, talented and definitely pass the 'airplane' test of fun to be around.

Cons

The biggest challenge, and often the reason I've seen peers move into other roles, is the amount of travel. While there are non-client facing roles that allow you to be at home, the client-facing side of the business requires frequent travel to work on-site with our clients. This can mean long periods of time away from home.

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

"Challenging and fulfilling work with some of the most intelligent people I know"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent compensation and benefits
    Always a steep learning curve
    Fantastic culture and great people
    Great career advancement opportunities
    Stellar training and professional development
    True apprenticeship and mentorship with senior leaders

Cons

Networking-heavy culture, shy people need not apply
    Work can be intense and hours can be long depending on the project
    Traveling from Monday morning to Thursday evening is the status quo

"Deloitte's Strategy & Operations practice has provided incredible learning experiences in a challenging environment"

Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Rapid exposure to client-facing roles
     - Big responsibility at the junior level
     - Incredibly intelligent people
     - Huge emphasis on apprenticeship
     - Numerous opportunities for working on local / internal projects requiring less travel than normal

Cons

- Potentially long hours
     - Sometimes limited control in staffing assignments at the junior level
     - Emphasis on "firm activities" beyond client work, including office trainings, recruiting, etc.

Advice to Management

Emphasize that junior staff should pick their internal firm initiatives wisely. Also, create an even more flexible work environment so practitioners can sometimes minimize travel.