Deloitte - Great growth opportunity, easy to burn out | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

"Great growth opportunity, easy to burn out"

Former Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leadership Opportunities
Smart, young, interesting colleagues

Cons

Expectation to overextend yourself outside of client work

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

"A great place to start your career"

Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I joined Deloitte after completely my undergraduate degree and it has been a great first job out of college. You get exposure to a wide range of industries and roles on projects. The compensation and benefits are generous and there is plenty of training and support you can take advantage of.

Cons

Work life balance can be tough. You are sometimes expected to be available at all hours or on weekends but this will vary based on each project. The travel can be a fun perk of the job but sometimes can get overwhelming. There are options to dial down on the work and travel but these aren't really available to junior staff.

Advice to Management

Work on growing your young talent at a reasonable pace to prevent them from getting burned out too fast. Consider applying alternative work and travel model to accommodate a better work life balance even for the practitioners that may not have a family yet.

"Cog in the Machine"

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company recognition nice on resume. I met some of the very top people and they were very cool, not the case with middle management unfortunately.

Cons

Where do I start? Horribly low raises, even with excellent performance reviews. I'd rather have nothing than less than 1%. My bosses couldn't even be bothered to say "hello" in the morning when walking by my desk. I finally gave up and left, thankfully for more money and a way better environment. Very depressing place to work.

Advice to Management

Give cost of living raises please, we know you are getting them. Supervise your middle managers. As I said, the high-high ups were cool people, but some of the middle managers were really unprofessional at times.