Deloitte - Great place to launch your career - not somewhere to stay long term | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

"Great place to launch your career - not somewhere to stay long term"

Current Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Smart and driven people - I've made some lifelong friends from my analyst class and have come away with a great mentor from upper management.
- Opportunity to be a self-starter - as a fresh college grad I've been able to explore a ton of industries and roles and I've taken on a high level of responsibility even with little experience. That said, it's definitely a 'sink or swim' atmosphere

Cons

- Work-Life Balance - As romantic as it sounds, travel for work gets old fast. Being on the road every week for a year + is exhausting and spending 24/7 with your co-workers isn't for everyone, even if they are great people. The culture also puts a lot of emphasis on 'firm activities' outside of client work, so on top of your 60+ hour week you have another 5-10 hours of night and weekend work that doesn't always get fairly assessed during year end performance meetings.
- Difficulty getting on projects that align with your interests - Most of my peers went into consulting because they didn't know what they wanted to do, and consulting is great for getting a wide range of experience. The problem is that after a year you may have honed in on a few interests, or at least decided what it is you don't like, but the staffing system is such that it's very hard to navigate to the projects you're interested in.

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

1. "Great place to start a career if you are interested in being on the road."

I worked at Deloitte full-time

Pros

Deloitte Consulting is a great place to start a career. They provide great training opportunities and allow their junior staff to fill roles in which they are given a lot of responsibility and get significant exposure to different industries, clients, etc.

Cons

The toughest part about working for Deloitte was the high travel rate and the impacts that that had on my work/life balance.

2. "Great learning experience"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Extremely intelligent & motivated co-workers
    Great learning environment
    Promotions based on individual performance
    Interactive and proactive performance evaluations

Cons

Extremely long work hours expected
    Often unrealistic expectations of deliverables given deadlines

Advice to Management

Additional effort needs to be put forth with regards to work/life balance