Deloitte - Deloitte dominates during the day Then hangs out after! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

"Deloitte dominates during the day Then hangs out after!"

Current Employee - Tax in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Tax in Houston, TX

Pros

Deloitte will provides the opporotunity for people to grow within the field of accounting. They give you the flexibility for everyone to have a work life balance. Also, you are able to set your on times. If you want to come in late and stay late then that is ok or if you would rather come in early that is ok too. Upper management has confidence in you that you will get your work done and they wont stand over waiting for things to get completed. Deloitte Tax gives the opporotunity to work with clients directly even at an early position. Plus, there is always a happy hour going so its not all about hard work but Deloitte likes to have fun too.

Cons

Like any accounting firm, you are going to have to work a lot. Deloitte gives you plenty of vacation time so the time is there if you need, but during busy season it is busy. Deloitte has set goal hours that everyone has to meet weekly. I know in Houston is 55, but everyone is different. You wont get fired if you dont meet these hours, but they are simply a goal for everyone. Also, sometimes you are given last minute notice on an assignment, but that also goes along with working in a service industry. If the clients needs something Monday you have to get it to them on Monday. But, other then that I have enjoyed my time working with Deloitte and I believe the downsides are the things we take on with having a job.

Advice to Management

My experience at Deloitte Senior Management has never really been too involved with the interns. This may be my only experience because I know several other interns have worked with senior managers. I think if they are a buddy to an intern or staff level then we could have a better outlook on the senior management roll because right now I am not exactly sure what the job requirements are for a senior manager

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

1. "Personal "Review" of D&T"

Current Employee - Audit Staff in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Audit Staff in New York, NY

Pros

Young environment, willingness to learn and share knowledge, wonderful training programs

Cons

Long hours and sometimes, as a lower level auditor, you perform drone work without knowing the impact on the overall objective. while D&T is a huge company, the teams are small so it feels more like independent groups within a large organization.

Advice to Management

My senior managers are all very knowledge people and I understand they are tied up with multiple jobs/responsbilities. However, they need to spend some time (maybe put aside 30mins each day) and approach the lower level staff to see how things are going. Show a bit more care and concern.

2. "Definitely A Great Experience"

Current Employee - Audit Staff in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Audit Staff in San Jose, CA

Pros

The experience and opportunity to work with talented people.

Cons

Too much working hours, but again, that's the industry standard.

Advice to Management

None.