Deloitte - Specialist Leader | Glassdoor

"Specialist Leader"

Current Employee - Specialist Leader in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Specialist Leader in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Collegiality, compensation, communication and a strong management team are the primary benefits of working at Deloitte Consulting. The leadership team are honest and operate in a straightforward manner.

Cons

Unsustainable expectations and lack of work-life balance are the biggest drawbacks to working at Deloitte Consulting. It would be helpful it these was greater dialogues among the Principals, Partners, and Directors with those at the Senior Manager level and below about whether the expectations are realistic.

Advice to Management

Rethink performance metrics after discussion with Senior Managers and Specialist Leaders

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

"AVA (Accounting, Valuation, and Analytics) should be called AR&R (Audit-Readiness & Reconciliations)"

Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Some of the Consultants and Senior consultants are hard workers and clever.
    - I learned how to review work and gained a meticulous attention to detail.
    - I have learned a lot about audit-readiness and how to perform reconciliation work, as well as how to create airtight data import procedures and logs.
    - If you like audit-readiness work, I highly recommend this practice. People advance their career very quickly, and there are lots of opportunities to get involved due to the small size of the practice.

Cons

- My interviewers lied to me about the type of work and experience I would receive. I was told I would be doing mathematical analysis and have client interaction. So far I have experienced neither.
    - I do not know of a single analytics project that AVA leads. It is possible you might be loaned out to one. Everything AVA owns is audit work; matching records, sort/sum/average/frequency, rerunning programs to make sure they worked.
    - I have gained zero skills which are valuable outside of the audit-readiness industry
    - The bottom line is that if you want to do modeling, analytics, statistics, etc. this practice in Deloitte does not have it. If you like audit-readiness this is a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Don't bring in statisticians to do reconciliation work. It hurts their career, and unhappy workers bring down morale. Bad for both parties.

2. "Its ok. Company works you to death. The expectations are realistic however managers are not people oriented at all."

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good exposure to potential employers. I feel that auditors are pigeonholed however the contacts are great, and I can't wait to exploit exit opportunities

Cons

Long hours and terrible managers. The firm is moving in the right direction. I just feel like long term auditing is a tough gig

Advice to Management

Be more supportive of senior managers