Deloitte - average | Glassdoor

"average"

Current Employee - Tax Consultant I in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Tax Consultant I in Houston, TX

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great boss, very flexible schedule, able to take time off whenever needed, learning constantly, pro and con is the amount of responsibility you're given immediately

Cons

pay is not comparable for the work, during busy season we work 60+ hours a week, expected to do things without always being shown how to do it

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

1. "Specialist Leader"

Current Employee - Specialist Leader in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Specialist Leader in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Collegiality, compensation, communication and a strong management team are the primary benefits of working at Deloitte Consulting. The leadership team are honest and operate in a straightforward manner.

Cons

Unsustainable expectations and lack of work-life balance are the biggest drawbacks to working at Deloitte Consulting. It would be helpful it these was greater dialogues among the Principals, Partners, and Directors with those at the Senior Manager level and below about whether the expectations are realistic.

Advice to Management

Rethink performance metrics after discussion with Senior Managers and Specialist Leaders

"AVA (Accounting, Valuation, and Analytics) should be called AR&R (Audit-Readiness & Reconciliations)"

Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Some of the Consultants and Senior consultants are hard workers and clever.
    - I learned how to review work and gained a meticulous attention to detail.
    - I have learned a lot about audit-readiness and how to perform reconciliation work, as well as how to create airtight data import procedures and logs.
    - If you like audit-readiness work, I highly recommend this practice. People advance their career very quickly, and there are lots of opportunities to get involved due to the small size of the practice.

Cons

- My interviewers lied to me about the type of work and experience I would receive. I was told I would be doing mathematical analysis and have client interaction. So far I have experienced neither.
    - I do not know of a single analytics project that AVA leads. It is possible you might be loaned out to one. Everything AVA owns is audit work; matching records, sort/sum/average/frequency, rerunning programs to make sure they worked.
    - I have gained zero skills which are valuable outside of the audit-readiness industry
    - The bottom line is that if you want to do modeling, analytics, statistics, etc. this practice in Deloitte does not have it. If you like audit-readiness this is a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Don't bring in statisticians to do reconciliation work. It hurts their career, and unhappy workers bring down morale. Bad for both parties.