Deloitte - Great place to start or accelerate a career... and then move on. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

"Great place to start or accelerate a career... and then move on."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dayton, OH
Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dayton, OH

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Deloitte provides unique opportunities to work as part of a truely innovative consulting firm that is first to market with many of the solutions it offers to clients. Deloitte provides practitioners of all levels opportunities to drive their career and ontribute as a leader in a multitude of capacities in either internal or external projects. Deloitte's focus on professional development provides great opportunities to make yourself more marketable either within the consulting sector or within many industries, on their dime.

Cons

Deloitte's work life "balance" is a joke. It is almost impossible to meet your required utilization rate (accounting for holidays & PTO) without consistently working 50 hours a week at the client site, and then contributing to a multitude of "firm contributions" and business development on top of that. Deloitte's heavily bureuacratic nature turns you into just another number come review time, so don't rely on the ability of any local leadership to support you when it comes to that promotion, bonus, or raise that you have been working for. Although the salary and bonus look pretty sweet on the surface, once you realize all of the additional work that is involved outside of your normal client delivery, you'd be better off with a smaller consulting firm, unless you are just starting out your career.

Advice to Management

With the state of the current job market, it is not longer reasonable for Deloitte's retainment model to be "you should feel priviledged to work at Deloitte". Work on your work life "fit" (there is no way there will ever be a balance at Deloitte), examine your extensive and bureaucratic annual review process, and look to exceed your competitors (instead of just trying to keep pace with them) when it comes to compensation, if you can't fix anything else.

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

1. "team driven, international"

Current Employee - Audit in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Audit in New York, NY

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

colleagues are helpful. world class clients

Cons

long hours, work under stress

2. "World-Class Traning and Tax Knowledge"

Current Employee - Tax Consultant I in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Tax Consultant I in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you haven't heard of Deloitte U, do a quick Google search and check it out. It's an amazing training facility for Deloitte employees located just outside of Dallas/Fort-Worth. This facility demonstrated Deloitte's commitment to raising up world class leaders and audit and tax professionals.

Within my group at Deloitte, I get a lot of support and training, and am very happy with how much I've learned in such a short amount of time.

Cons

As with an Big 4 firm, we work a lot of hours in busy season, but we make up for it in non-busy season months. Just book your PTO and use it!

Advice to Management

Take time to say hello to staff as you walk around the office. Get to know them and see what they have to add to the company. There are so many great employees with great ideas and just need someone to ask them what they are.