Deloitte - Great Work-Life Balance | Glassdoor

"Great Work-Life Balance"

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Parental leave is great! 8 weeks if you are head of household/primary care giver as a man. Also, competitive industry salary which includes bonuses.

Cons

Difficult to move within divisions.

Advice to Management

Recognize individual accomplishments more.

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

1. "Sr. Associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Open door policy, adequate training

Cons

Low Compensation,
    Employees are expected to spend a lot of time doing things that are meaningless from your job perspective.
    Very Few smart people to work and learn from..
    Entire focus is on Revenue Generation.. rather than making a mark on the industry

Advice to Management

Compensation

"Smart people, great environment, chance to do amazing work."

Current Employee - User Experience Designer
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is by far the most fun, cushy job I've ever had. There's snacks, there's happy hours, there's parties. The creative department is constantly running amok having fun. I've worked late only a handful of times and mostly by choice.

But more importantly this is the smartest group of people I've ever worked with. The chance to do amazing work is definitely here. There is the occasional boring project but more and more good, interesting work is coming in. People are really passionate about doing the right thing and being the best at what they do. There's a strong sense of collaboration on most project teams that I really appreciate.

Cons

There's definitely some boring corporate paperwork and overhead that employees have to deal with. Deloitte does require you to do silly, boring trainings. Their internal facing websites for things like entering your time, expenses or applying for a job are legitimately atrocious. But all that is a pretty small price to pay for a job where you get to do cutting edge work with smart, motivated people.

Advice to Management

I think a stronger vision for the future and a solid perspective on who we are is part of what's lacking. There's a lot of glassy eyed nostalgia for old Ubermind floating around and replacing that with a strong statement about what the future looks like would help people move forward.