Deloitte - Great place to work if you can make the work/life balance work for you | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

"Great place to work if you can make the work/life balance work for you"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very intelligent colleagues
Very professional firm
Ahead of the curve with employees

Cons

Demand to travel 4 to 5 days a week is very high
Difficult to grow without travelling
Difficult to express your thoughts to a Partner if they differ

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

1. "Positive experience. The people were amazing. We worked hard, but we also played hard."

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- People
     - Variety of clients
     - Surrounded mostly by intelligent people

Cons

- Working long hours
     - Pay not as high as you would think

"You gotta love what you do!"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Environment at DD is not for anyone. To truly thrive you need to be a go getter, dedicated to your craft. You need think, read, and learn about your craft not just for the 8 hours you are at work. If you are a designer you need to see the world from that perspective all the time. If you are a tester you need to have that curious mind all the time. You need to do what you do because you love what you do, not simply for the paycheck every two weeks.

From a professional development stand point you can go anywhere you want in DD. While you are expected to excel at your current discipline, once you’ve shown that ability you are free to soak up any knowledge you desire. I have seen testers become Project Managers and Developers, Developers become Project Managers and Engagement Managers, and many other discipline changes.

Senior Leadership’s ability to empower their people and give them the tools to make great works can sometimes be seen as lack of leadership; this is far from the truth. In a non-micromanaged environment it’s the motivated and best of the best that are going to thrive; why would you want to work next to anyone else?

Cons

Going from a 150 person company to ~200k comes with serious growing pains. Do more to make us feel like the 150 again. You've pretty much taken our Übermind away, the replacement needs to be as fun.

Advice to Management

A bit more information on the pipeline PLEASE. In a consulting agency project loads are going to ebb and flow, the people know that, thy just want to know some specific. Also resourcing, more information there would make us feel more supported as well.