Deloitte - A little audit feedback... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

"A little audit feedback..."

Current Employee - Audit Assistant in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Audit Assistant in Portland, OR

Pros

The acquired knowledge from on the job experience is priceless. There are few jobs that develop a sense of autonomy, critical thinking, and problem solving, as an exposure to the overall audit process. It also provides a unique chance to interact with businesses and industry leaders. Networking opportunities abound.

Cons

While there are programs in place at the national level to encourage a good work life balance, it is difficult to always maintain a good perspective because of the nature of the work. "Busy Season" (October - March/April) is not conducive to a healthy personal life because of work expectations and demands.

Advice to Management

A good work/life balance needs to be continually emphasized in order to ensure retention of the best and brightest within Deloitte.

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

1. "Things we good when business was booming but it doesn't appear that management is adapting well."

Current Employee - Audit Senior in Richmond, VA
    Current Employee - Audit Senior in Richmond, VA

Pros

I feel proud to say that I work at Deloitte as a public accountant. As far as the quality of work I feel that the work is top notch and stands up with any of the other Big Four. There are great opportunities globally if you are a top performer and the ability to move into other service lines outside of auditing such as the various consulting aspects. Working at Deloitte you are able to position yourself well for life outside of public accounting if you choose to leave through great networking opportunities and depth of knowledge.

Cons

Since I joined the organization there seems to have been a downturn in the performance overall which has impacted raises for the employees yet the company continues to tell everyone that everything is okay. My raises have gone down consistently every year eventhough my performance has gone up. This seems counterintuitive to me. The hours are long and it appears that unless you are in the race for the long run you do not see any benefits for being a high performer. There have been no significant wins in my office since I have joined the firm. All proposals that we have made for new work have been lost to competitors because of rates according to the prospective clients, yet no adjustment has been made by management.

Advice to Management

Fix it.

2. "Just another cog in the corporate machine"

Former Employee - Audit Senior in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Audit Senior in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

There is definitely a lot of potential for learning and development, as you are exposed to multiple facets of several different companies.

Cons

The work/life balance is rough and you are forced to sometimes work long hours year-round, since not all clients end their year on December 31. You also begin feeling more like a number, rather than an employee; but I guess that goes for any corporate structure. Lack of recognition and compensation for those at the bottom is common and ongoing.

Advice to Management

Please try to give as much, if not more, respect and consideration to your employees than you do to your clients.