Deloitte - High-quality firm that provides unlimited opportunities to those who are ambitious and ready for a challenge! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

"High-quality firm that provides unlimited opportunities to those who are ambitious and ready for a challenge!"

Former Employee - Senior Associate in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Senior Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people abound at Deloitte and I was impressed with the operations of the firm from day one. Being such a large firm, the supporting resources (HR assistance, technical expertise for assistance on projects, etc) are quite extensive and I found myself constantly pushed to excel further than I had in the past. It was a very valuable experience overall and my time at Deloitte was professionally rewarding.

Cons

As with any large organization, the administrative and bureaucratic requirements can be a bit annoying (required training, endless counseling and goal planning, etc). While not enjoyable, these are very minor cons and not something that would keep me from recommending the firm to anybody interested.

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

1. "Great place to launch your career, may not be the best long term"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great exposure to different projects and clients
    Build a great core skill-set that can be transferable to any business situation
    Many great people to coach and mentor junior resources

Cons

Work - life balance is not the greatest
    Anyone below a Senior Manager is dispensable, attrition is not bad for business
    New compensation structure makes pay raise % very small YoY

Advice to Management

Work Life balance is important. Nearly all consultants work more than the hours billed, 45 hours is the max and is considered a unwritten rule

Compensation should be in-line with performance relative to peers, both bonus and base salary

New compensation structure puts yearly raises on par with with regular industry or even lower. Consulting pay must remain higher to attract the best away from industry

2. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in McLean, VA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people to work with, travel opportunities, growth opportunities if you know the right people

Cons

Long hours, career growth get stunted if it doesnt align with projects that are available, too much politics.

Advice to Management

improve talent management to help professional career aligned with company's goals