Deloitte - Good place to work | Glassdoor

"Good place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work culture. Good leadership. Great place to work.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

1. "Long Hours"

Current Employee - Tax Consultant I in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Tax Consultant I in Houston, TX

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Gaining a lot of experience. Coworkers at my level are very fun to be around and are normal people I hang out with outside of work.

Cons

Direct management expects way too much out of staff. I am consistently assigned work above my pay grade and expected to work 60-80 hour weeks. During year-end close I worked 17 days straight and put in over 180 hours. No overtime compensation at all.

Advice to Management

Stop beating your staff to death with work and maybe they would stay at your company for more than 3 years (when the pension fully vests). There is a reason you have retention problems - its because staff don't like their salaries to be abused.

2. "Great exposure and opportunities if you can accept extreme drawbacks"

Current Employee - Audit Staff in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Audit Staff in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time

Pros

-- Invaluable learning opportunity to witness high-level operations and network with upper-level management at Fortune 500 companies

-- Fast track to obtaining attest experience and the CPA

-- Large corporate setting and availabiity of resources truly dictate the phrase "it's what you make if it"

-- Work/Life balance can be satisfactory if you communicate your needs early on and continuously

-- Considerable flexibility in vacation time and work hours during non-busy season time

Cons

--Non-busy season time has become scarce; employees regularly work 6 month busy seasons.

-- Smart, competent employees leave the firm to find better opportunities; incompetent performers are the experienced employees left over to promote to leadership

-- Relatively bad pay and opportunist culture of San Francisco result in the highest turnover of the best talent in the Deloitte SF office

--Opportunities to jump on advanced and/or fitting assignments are limited by politics and inefficient, weak management philosophies.

Advice to Management

Consider a lateral change in engagement management tactics for AERS' economic success. Clearly the approach now isn't working and everyone is leaving.