Deloitte - Great company with focus on employee training | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

"Great company with focus on employee training"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training - Deloitte has a huge training center in Dallas that most of the new consultants are taken to for a week within their first year.
Good clients and Strong Federal practice

Cons

Flexible work schedule
Annual increments are not as expected

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

"Hired Gun"

Current Employee - Associate in Rosslyn, VA
    Current Employee - Associate in Rosslyn, VA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary is above average if you have the skillset they need.

Cons

Once the project you were hired for as an Associate (hired gun) is over, there is no job placement assistance or aggressive resource management help to find you another. Their attitude is - your work here is done, thank you and let me show you to the door. If you are inside the company filling a regular company position, it is a show me the money and up or out atmosphere. This company reminds me of "House of Lies" to the tee. It is all about exceeding financials without regard to the welfare of their personnel.

Advice to Management

Every other consulting company I have worked for had an advocate or senior leadership that found you your next job at the company. Here there is no motivation to retain talent unless you can make them money above the margins.

"I truly wish I had done my homework!"

Former Contractor - Operations Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Contractor - Operations Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Deloitte as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I loved the idea of working from home. Particularly when the nearest office is a 90 minute commute. Pay is great.

Cons

No amount of money can makeup for lack of respect to the individual, miscommunications, backstabbing environment that completely lacks ethics.

Advice to Management

I'm shocked to see 68% of your employees recommend you. In November your rating was in the tank and the reviews were more aligned with truth. I would recommend that you find out how your managers treat the people that report into them. If you can do it anonymously all the better so that there is no retaliation. Because if you don't I can guarantee there will be retaliation. They are all about covering themselves when there are errors. They do not take responsiblity for their own mistakes. Particularly in Development and Training - a branch of your Talent & Development. They pulled off getting a great deal of work from me, took the credit for it, and then let me go for an error they committed and that they pinned on me.