Deloitte - I love my job at Deloitte. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

"I love my job at Deloitte."

Current Employee - Research Analyst in Wilton, CT
Current Employee - Research Analyst in Wilton, CT

Pros

If you are looking for job stability, flexibility, and great career opportunities look no further than Deloitte. This is a company that takes care of its employees, offering great pay and benefits, rewards programs, career counseling, mentorships, and additional on the job training to help you jumpstart your career and build your skills and experience in a fast-paced work environment. This is a very clean working environment and has focused this year on going "green" and being more environmentally friendly, such as recycling paper and other resources. I enjoy working with the other people in my team and manager in a very respectful and considerate atmosphere. I have received good feedback in being evaluated on job performance and work well with management to look for innovative ways to improve on personal and team performance and production.

Cons

There are little things that can be considered the downsides of working at Deloitte, but in my personal opinion, do not outweigh the advantages. One thing for me is the long commute - I get up pretty early to beat the traffic to work every day, and many days leave and get home really late, when expected to work overtime (but I suppose you can say that about any job). The company website is terrible, it's poorly designed and very hard to search and navigate. It is frustrating when most of your job is based on the websites and databases that are constantly breaking down, but the technical support has been pretty good at responding to these issues.

Advice to Management

Senior management appears to be doing a great job, the structure and work environment seems very organized. In my department, they have been making a lot of changes recently and have made reasonable decisions thus far in making sure that the transitions have been smooth, taking into account potential issues, evaluating how well the new procedures are improving production and team performance, and asking those parties involved for feedback. My advice is to strive for better communication between management and team members, between team members, and between departments because it is a very large organization.

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

1. "Deloitte is OK"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Hermitage, TN
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Hermitage, TN

Pros

Flexibility and technology; travel and people i work with; Social consciousness and volunteerism is very important and I appreicate taking part in that. Also like the forward thinking of the technology and using all the cool devices and web sites that they make available.

Cons

Old boys network and favoritism around advancement; Take diversity too far and are unfair to those that don't meet some label. A kind of reverse discrimination

Advice to Management

Grow up and stop trying to be politically correct and be fair to your employees. Look for the best, not just the best of a certain color or race. Compensate more when times are good and don't let partners take all the profits.

2. "straight talk"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

Worklife balance, flexable schedule, no micro-managing, professional work environment, decent location

Cons

easy to get lost in shuffle, partners not to interested in career development of staff. Partners more concerned about their own billing. IT is a call center overseas. No IT help desk on each floor. Must bring computer to one help desk, regardless of your location.

Advice to Management

Take an interest in the career development of staff, as they are the future leaders of tomorrow.