Deloitte - Great Experience, but note: Experience May Vary Depending on Service Area (Consulting, Audit, etc.) and Practice! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

"Great Experience, but note: Experience May Vary Depending on Service Area (Consulting, Audit, etc.) and Practice!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Variety of projects, co-worker's talent, huge focus on development and growth, opportunities to lead and create, supportive community and co-workers

Cons

As with all organizations, challenges with year-end/rating/compensation processes and making them "fair", work-life balance can be an issue for many people, easy to get pigeon-holed into one practice/project.

Advice to Management

Raise the bar for non-standard talent hiring (e.g. direct-hire consultants, specialists), and allow more flexibility on project types as needed.

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

"They will teach you marketable skills, but don't expect them to let you manage your own career."

Current Employee - Federal Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Federal Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Compensation is good, training is good, promotions are clear-ish, overall you'll learn, but you'll want to get out after a year or two.

Cons

I've spent a considerable amount of time growing my network, building my expertise, and finding projects that match my skill set, interests, and benefit the firm. When it came down to it, however, and I was offered a fantastic project opportunity that management would not let me pursue. In order to succeed here and get where you want you need to screw people over and that simply doesn't match my values. I'm very disappointed with Deloitte because I believe that the firm and it's people have a lot of potential.

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. If you tell us that we can 'manage our own career' then let us do that when the opportunities arise. Don't be a hypocrite and force your employees to work against one another in order to get ahead.

2. "Nice place to work and learn"

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice environment, people and there are a lot of different opportunities

Cons

You can be engaged in other kind of projects that are not of your interest in the case that there are lack of projects in your expertise area