Deloitte - Very happy with Deloitte Tax and it's culture. Worked at other Big 4 firm previously. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

"Very happy with Deloitte Tax and it's culture. Worked at other Big 4 firm previously."

Current Employee - Tax Senior in Costa Mesa, CA
Current Employee - Tax Senior in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management cares about your career - Coming from another Big 4 firm, this was a huge contrast that I was pleasantly surprised with. It has made all the difference.

Excellent Technology - hardware and software - the best and most up-to-date out of all the Big 4 firms by a long shot. While not critical, this was a welcome change. The less technology issues, the better.

Opportunity - Deloitte Tax in OC has a significant market share over the competition. This allows for many client opportunities to expand your experience.

Professionalism - the partners and directors running this practice have it nailed down. Respect is given and received by all. Gossip is much less prevalent compared to my old firm.

Challenge - related to opportunity, I have been challenged significantly more here than at my previous firm. This has kept me motivated and excited for the future in this office.

People - OC office; couldn't ask for a better group of colleagues. Seriously. While this may change over time. I have a feeling that those who work here now will make every effort to continue the current hiring trends.

Flexibility - it's real in this office, not just something that gets talked about by national.

Cons

Typical Big 4 hours = stressful. Deadlines are awful, but are unfortunately a large part of public accounting. Management does what they can to soften the pressure, but it is what it is.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Continue to treat your high performing employees well, and they will in turn yield desired results and keep a longer tenure.

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

1. "A good place to start, but you'll quickly want to leave."

I worked at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of exposure; great office; terrific people; good technology

Cons

There isn't any incentive to work hard. Regardless of utilization, everyone gets similar raises and bonus at the associate level.

Advice to Management

Realize that they're competing with firms beyond the Big 4 for talent.

2. "great company"

Current Employee - Corporate Finance in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Corporate Finance in New York, NY

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

great benefits, work life balance

Cons

difficult to advance within organization affecting retention