Deloitte - Tough Environment | Glassdoor

"Tough Environment"

Current Employee - Tax Consultant II in New York, NY
Current Employee - Tax Consultant II in New York, NY

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good Team, Leadership acceptable, Friendly coworkers

Cons

Tough to learn, limited coaching and teaching

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

1. "A successful company that is driven to provide value"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Deloitte pays well. Were I to take a job locally, I'd likely receive about 30-40% less. Deloitte's health package is first class and they give you more opportunities to train than you can absorb. Deloitte is huge, but if you navigate around it you'll find truly bright and visionary people. In my four years at Deloitte, I've met a great number of people that I truly respect--people whose input I truly value.

Cons

I came into Deloitte with eyes open. I knew what consulting travel was like. At Deloitte, they call the schedule a 5-4-3. That means that you're working (minimum) five days a week, four days on the road and three nights in a hotel. Basically, you get up at 5 a.m. on Mondays and get home Thursday around 8p. Friday's (most of the time) you're in your local office. And beyond the client work, there are firm activities to develop new business, support the firm or make a splash in the industry. The combined weight of travel plus firm activities can suffocating at times. Trying to eke out a sane family life at Deloitte is not always easy.

Advice to Management

How can I complain about an organization that has treated me so well? You've paid my bills, provided excellent health care coverage for may family and given me a great salary. I may not retire at Deloitte (it's a very demanding place to work) but I refuse to badmouth it. I've done my part, and they've done theirs. Long live the big green dot!

2. "Great firm to work for"

Current Employee - Specialist Master in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Specialist Master in New York, NY

I have been working at Deloitte full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging assignments and great people to work with

Cons

There is too much travel.

Advice to Management

Continue to work on travel balance for those that do it 100% of the time. Should be more opportunities to work from the office on client work.