Deloitte - Talent is the strength, Strength is in the talent. | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Deloitte

"Talent is the strength, Strength is in the talent."

Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Smart, ethical and dedicated professionals, interesting work during interesting times.

Cons

Seems like careers are too lock stepped and regimented. At times, talent is thought to be disposable and easily replaced.
Too much talent is allowed to walk out and not enough thought given to more flexible working conditions. I have heard however that this might be changing.

Advice to Management

All we have is our people; they are the most important asset albeit not on the balance sheet. New and innovative ways should be given to employees personal interests and objectives...hopefully the thought of up or out is no longer a mantra. Many folks choose to career limit themselves because of work life balance issues, this should not be taken as a negative.
Support services professionals should be encouraged and supported in training and development, just like the revenue generators.

Other Employee Reviews for Deloitte

"Management does not pay attention to the smaller picture."

Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Executive Assistant in Dallas, TX

Pros

Benefits and learning opportunities are the only good reasons to work for Deloitte. The benefits are comparable to those offered by the other Big 4 Firms though, and so are the learning opportunities. So if management is an improvement at the other Firms, then these two reasons really would not be positives to working at Deloitte. Deloitte continually screams about its ethics and integrity, but in my opinion, if you have to shout it that loud from the rooftops, then who are you trying to convince? Seems to me that a company's ethics and integrity should be visible through its actions and not have to be screamed out to the world. Deloitte falls short on integrity and ethics.

Cons

Management turned a deaf ear to conflicts that I experienced with a co-worker, so much so that I eventually had to quit. The co-worker had some sort of vendetta against me from the beginning, and I asked for a transfer to another department many times, which would have solved everything in my opinion. Instead, we were told to IM each other if we couldn't communicate directly, which was absolutely ridiculous. This co-worker refused to communicate by IM even. She refused to share the workload with me, and complained to my partners that I was away from my desk too many times throughout the day, when I was only away from my desk to go to lunch and to the bathroom. Management was the biggest issue with working with Deloitte. I suppose if Senior Management had trained mid-management effectively then perhaps these issues may not have existed. As it was, Senior Management turned a blind eye and a deaf ear when I took my complaints to them as well.

Advice to Management

Senior management needs to coach mid-management better on how to deal with workplace conflicts.

"The job experience is not worth having the Deloitte name on your resume!"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

Pros

Name recognition; could open doors if you didn't have a strong business background before you started

Cons

Long hours; pay is not comparable to market; non-existent strategy work; even in the strategy & operations most of the projects are supporting or preparing for large technology implementations; long-term projects (2 years on the same project is not uncommon); more like outsourced employees than consultants

Advice to Management

Treat staff as more than just a meal ticket!