Delphi Display Systems - Core product was great, but quality slipped as time progressed | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Delphi Display Systems

"Core product was great, but quality slipped as time progressed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Delphi Display Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good core product which was easily sold at trade shows and to new brands. Upward mobility is possible at the right time if your skills are in place and you know how to self-promote in order to get key decision makers in your corner.

Cons

Friendly atmosphere when I first started, but a few rough months and questionable business choices led to an exodus of several key superstar players. I eventually left when a better offer was presented which Delphi was unwilling to match.

Advice to Management

If you are selling the Cadillac in your field, don't try to look for cheap replacement parts (that failed more often than not) just to keep the costs down during rough times. This caused a lot of bad will with customers who jumped ship when other players entered the market niche you used to control.

Other Employee Reviews for Delphi Display Systems

1. "Summer Work Experience"

Former Freelancer - Work Experience in Gillingham, England (UK)
    Former Freelancer - Work Experience in Gillingham, England (UK)

I worked at Delphi Display Systems (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone was friendly and helpful. Got a change to use real equipment and learn more about engineering processes, was fun and useful.

Cons

Sometimes there was little to no work to do, as I was only doing work experience this was expected. I was the only person doing work experience there, but everyone else was still friendly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work in aspiring young people into engineering and thank you very much for the useful and interesting process. I would highly recommend people to try working here.

2. "Well-run operation"

Former Intern - Intern in Costa Mesa, CA
    Former Intern - Intern in Costa Mesa, CA

I worked at Delphi Display Systems as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Talented, well-versed, industry veterans. Lots of knowledge here, all you have to do is ask questions and people are more than willing to schedule a time to sit with you or go out to lunch and discuss.

Cons

Pay could be better, but hey, I was a summer intern.

Advice to Management

Keep promoting cross-functional projects and learning among new employees.