Delphi - In my experience at Delphi I had the opportunity to learn and grow in several technical and managerial fields. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Delphi

"In my experience at Delphi I had the opportunity to learn and grow in several technical and managerial fields."

Former Employee - Project, Process, Product, Facilities & Test Engineer, Move Manager in Flint, MI

I worked at Delphi full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Delphi had methods, procedures and systems in place to maximize productivity though at times it seemed cumbersome. My experience since leaving Delphi has revealed how well organized they were.

Cons

I'm not sure what the culture is like today but I've found cons are directly related to the market environment. Delphi's downsizing that resulted from several factors was stressful for many. Again, I can't speak to the current state.

Advice to Management

Serve the business (the people) and not the dollar.

Other Employee Reviews for Delphi

1. "10 years of challenging work"

Former Employee - Product Engineer in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Product Engineer in Rochester, NY

I worked at Delphi full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

People are wonderful to work with. They try to help in any way they can. Seemed to try to improve the processes that they were using so they were more effective and they were open to some change.

Cons

Used a lot of antiquated technology and had very little IT support so most employees had to figure it out on their own which seemed like a less than ideal use of resources.

Advice to Management

I would like to see more of an investment in the future of the company.

2. "Aggressive market, but well positioned for future growth"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Troy, MI

I have been working at Delphi full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

General stability of the automotive industry over the long term. Overall strength of Delphi versus competitors. Delphi is position for future growth due to the products that it has in the market and its diverse product portfolio.

Cons

Very aggressive business model in the automotive parts industry. Very tight margins across many products requires tough choices to ensure that profit margins continue to improve.

Advice to Management

After significant restructuring that has made Delphi lean and aggressive... shift to a long term view of the company and work on continue building Delphi's strong base.