Delphi - Not a good employer anymore | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Delphi

"Not a good employer anymore"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Kokomo, IN
Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Kokomo, IN

I have been working at Delphi full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good, intelligent co-workers. Some very intelligent people still employed there.

Cons

Salary increases below industry average, when they are given at all. As of late, if you're over 50 years old look out- you are most likely to soon be looking for a new job (you are "too expensive" and may push insurance costs up due to your age)! Experience and performance don't seem to hold much weight; advanced degrees are given much more consideration. Not many new, exciting/interesting opportunities due to lost business and/or the inability to staff (or even quote) new business. Management is, most often, top down and their compensation is excessive given their performance and their ability to grow the business.

Advice to Management

Retire; put new management in-place that can grow the business. Treat your employees better (compensation, their ideas/feedback) and stop treating them like human capital. Stop recruiting/hiring minorities with green cards that all too often do not "work out" and require too much time from experienced employees to train them. Make real investments to grow your existing employees instead of using them to train new and inexperienced employees (which may take the existing employee's job later!). Yes, we lower-level employees do see this and know what you are doing!

Other Employee Reviews for Delphi

"Systems Engineer"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Kokomo, IN
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Kokomo, IN

I have been working at Delphi full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Delphi allows employees to work flex time. Of course that also requires that you work from home at all hours of the day. Good co-workers

Cons

Management only interested in enriching themselves. Outsourcing. Forced do to much more with less people

Advice to Management

Care about the people instead of your wallets. The company is not committed to its employees ove r the long term. How can you expect us to be dedicated?

2. "In my experience at Delphi I had the opportunity to learn and grow in several technical and managerial fields."

Former Employee - Project, Process, Product, Facilities & Test Engineer, Move Manager in Flint, MI

I worked at Delphi full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Delphi had methods, procedures and systems in place to maximize productivity though at times it seemed cumbersome. My experience since leaving Delphi has revealed how well organized they were.

Cons

I'm not sure what the culture is like today but I've found cons are directly related to the market environment. Delphi's downsizing that resulted from several factors was stressful for many. Again, I can't speak to the current state.

Advice to Management

Serve the business (the people) and not the dollar.