Delphi - Severed from Delphi Packard. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Delphi

"Severed from Delphi Packard."

Former Employee - Insert Mold Tool Engineer in Warren, OH
Former Employee - Insert Mold Tool Engineer in Warren, OH

Pros

When Delphi was a division of General Motors and even after the Spin-Off it was a great place to work. The Compensation and benefits were very good. The working relationships with fellow employees both coworkers and supervisors were great. Even working with the union members was good. It was a big happy family.

Cons

After the Spin-Off from GM upper management rerplaced the local Director with someone from out of town that was not a people person. He was put in to cut personell and ship the business out of the country. This is when the lies and deceit started. They sent the company into bankruptcy and started cutting people left and right. I was severed because I was one of the oldest andmost expensive engineers. We ended up training our own replacements, even the ones that went overseas. In retirement they cut our medical benefits and sent our pensions to the PBGC where we will loose our suppliment, in my case up to $15,000 a year or about 33%. Others much more.

Advice to Management

Get your act together and go back to PEOPLE FIRST. Bring manufacturing back to the states and let the supervisors do their jobs. It can not be cheaper to ship material in from China then it does to produce it here especially since you have gotten rid of what you called the burden of the pension program.

Other Employee Reviews for Delphi

1. "delphi is a good place to work"

Former Employee - Quality Manager in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Quality Manager in Auburn Hills, MI

Pros

Delphi's salaried workforce is extremenly competent and capable. Working on projects is relatively easy due to this competence. Minorities are treated in a fair manner. compensation is very competitive.

Cons

The north american activity is under fire. With GM taking back all the remaining large plants and a minimal number of projects on the bubble with Delphi's mexico plants, the company may end up eliminating most of the NA pressence and focusing on the other global regions where they have more success.

Advice to Management

Rodney was with us when we went down - we need a new leader to save the NA market. Delphi HQ is a minimal value add and a big revenue drain based on their out of tough requirements they impose on the divisions.

2. "Nice place to work for when things are good...."

Former Employee - Marketing Manager
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager

Pros

Nice people with traditional values
    Good benefits (at least used to be....)
    Industry standard or slightly above average compensation

Cons

Slow in adopting changes
    Management's short-term vision
    Not much resources allocated to develop new technologies

Advice to Management

NA