Delphi - I have had a very fulfilling experience at Delphi. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Delphi

"I have had a very fulfilling experience at Delphi."

Current Intern - Systems Engineer in Kokomo, IN
Current Intern - Systems Engineer in Kokomo, IN

I have been working at Delphi as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Delphi are wonderful to work with, and there are always some very exciting innovations taking place. Delphi provides benefits to all its full-time employees and provides training to keep employees up-to-date on safety and new technology. Many employees have families and healthy work-life balances. Also, it is a global company, so there are plenty of opportunities to travel.

Cons

As a younger member of the professional community, I would like to see a more aesthetically pleasing work environment. The company provides suitable work equipment, but the cubicle walls look a bit outdated; it's basically just your average office, so a nice change to stand out would be nice.

Other Employee Reviews for Delphi

1. "Lots of Upheaval!"

Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Kokomo, IN
    Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Kokomo, IN

I worked at Delphi full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company provided significant opportunities to grow and diversify job positions when the auto economy was strong.

Cons

As the overall economy weakened and specifically the automotive market fell off - There were significant downsizing and reductions in workforce - requiring the remaining team members to pick up those responsibilities in addition to their previous assignments.

Advice to Management

Provide a vision, become a part of the team, and lead them to where the company needs to go. Many hands make light work!

2. "Global Tier 1 Automotive Supplier"

Former Contractor - SAP Business Process in Troy, MI
    Former Contractor - SAP Business Process in Troy, MI

I worked at Delphi as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Challenging supply chain with true international reach internal plants, distribution centers, subcontract and parts suppliers. Deep and broad Bills of Materials. If you enjoy analytical challenges this is a great environment.

Cons

While I was there chapter 11 and a declining US automotive industry put stress on people and the overall organization. It is a tribute to the people there that they responded well to save their own and their neighbors jobs. The company has been restructured and has a positive future ahead.

Advice to Management

Remember all organizations are just groups of people until they share the vision and have the tools and knowledge to execute it... then they are a team. I think Delphi management actually fills this role well.