Delphi - Started working when it was a GM owned company. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Delphi

"Started working when it was a GM owned company."

Former Employee - Component Engineer in Lockport, NY
Former Employee - Component Engineer in Lockport, NY

I worked at Delphi full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you are willing to work hard for descendent pay in Western New York, Delphi was is good partner. Nice work/life balance. Having the Union there kept management in line and made sure we were paid fairly and got the rights we deserved.

Cons

Company was pretty unstable during the chapter 11. Management seemed distant since it became part of GM again. Had to go toe to toe with managers at times. Union guys were made to feel like we were the enemy.

Advice to Management

Treat Union workers better.

Other Employee Reviews for Delphi

1. "I have had a very fulfilling experience at Delphi."

Current Intern - Systems Engineer in Kokomo, IN
    Current Intern - Systems Engineer in Kokomo, IN

I have been working at Delphi as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

The people at Delphi are wonderful to work with, and there are always some very exciting innovations taking place. Delphi provides benefits to all its full-time employees and provides training to keep employees up-to-date on safety and new technology. Many employees have families and healthy work-life balances. Also, it is a global company, so there are plenty of opportunities to travel.

Cons

As a younger member of the professional community, I would like to see a more aesthetically pleasing work environment. The company provides suitable work equipment, but the cubicle walls look a bit outdated; it's basically just your average office, so a nice change to stand out would be nice.

2. "Lots of Upheaval!"

Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Kokomo, IN
    Former Employee - Engineering Manager in Kokomo, IN

I worked at Delphi full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company provided significant opportunities to grow and diversify job positions when the auto economy was strong.

Cons

As the overall economy weakened and specifically the automotive market fell off - There were significant downsizing and reductions in workforce - requiring the remaining team members to pick up those responsibilities in addition to their previous assignments.

Advice to Management

Provide a vision, become a part of the team, and lead them to where the company needs to go. Many hands make light work!