Delta Air Lines - Good experience | Glassdoor

"Good experience"

Current Intern - Co-Op in Atlanta, GA
Current Intern - Co-Op in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Delta Air Lines as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Learned a lot as a co-op and felt like I was able to actually contribute to my department.

Cons

Experienced a lot of reorganization within my department.
Felt like their was a lot of drama within the department.

Other Employee Reviews for Delta Air Lines

"This a keeper! Benefits, benefits, benefits."

Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Honolulu, HI
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Honolulu, HI

I have been working at Delta Air Lines full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Full package of benefits especially flight benefits! Management is listening to the worker bees providing leadership training and career seminars so people can see how to advance. They will even reimburse you studying and passing test for a foreign language! There is free online training so that you can skill up and move up. Informal and formal career support programs exist for you to move up from that entry job.

Cons

It is very seniority driven as opposed to excellent performance in certain work groups like flight attendants. Very Atlanta, New York and Detroit centric ... makes sense but if you are out west do you really want to relocate? Wish Delta would try to make sure its employees are the best paid in the industry in return for giving best in class service.

Advice to Management

Your most passionate employees are the new hires! A major effort should be made to engage the most junior and educate them more about the past & present of Delta before they get stuck with the jaded veterans. Management tolerates too much whining, this slows everyone down. Delta needs to really aim at upping our game vs. international airlines. No reason an American carrier cannot set the global standard like PanAm did at her peak.

"Hate it."

Current Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Sales & Service Specialist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Delta Air Lines full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flight benefits and amazing coworkers. That's really all that I can say that's good about working here.

Cons

Management (micro-managed, no personalization), no HR rep in house, constant change of policy, dead-end (hard to move around the company).

Advice to Management

Put yourself in our shoes and try to understand what it's like to be at the bottom with no wiggle room.