Delta Defense - Great company culture and benefits | Glassdoor

Employee Review

Employee Review

"Great company culture and benefits"

I worked at Delta Defense full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Amazing company culture which really feels like a second family
- Great 401k program
- Management pays for extensive on-site and off-site professional training
- Awesome gym facility
- Catered lunches
- Transparent leadership in which the CEO embraces an open door policy
- Work hard play hard attitude
- Incredibly fast growing company
- Free books, coffee, and snacks

Cons

- Once a year performance review means you only get once chance every year for a compensation adjustment. If management and you don't see eye to eye you have to wait another whole year before trying to get salary adjusted. This is troublesome for people who work there and I hope management can fix it.
- Depending on the position you work the work/life balance can often times weigh heavily on the side of work
- As the company has grown larger office politics and red tape have become increasingly common, something which I hope management can fix.
- Messy org chart and lack of clearly defined responsibilities at times can often lead to position confusion or burn out

Advice to Management

Keep the culture, ditch the politics and red tape which has become an emerging trend. Fix the review process. This has been an amazing place to work which has always had an entrepreneurial spirt, don't let the spirit be dampened with politics and red tape.

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"I am going to retire from here!"

I have been working at Delta Defense full-time

Pros

You will not see a company culture like this anywhere else. Executives are friendly and personable. No matter where you work in the company, your voice will be heard. You get to know people from all parts of the company. It really does feel like a family.

You can be yourself. You are encouraged to be creative and innovative. You are fairly compensated and are valued as a person.

Cons

If you don't believe in the mission, then you won't believe your work is important.

Advice to Management

Great job!

Delta Defense Response

Feb 9, 2018

Thanks for a GREAT review! We're lucky to have people like you as part of our family!

"Started from The Bottom Now I'm Here"

I have been working at Delta Defense full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Was hired several years after I completed my Bachelor's degree (Was working in an unrelated field). Started in an entry level position in Member Services - Within five months I was in marketing and three years into my employment I'm in a Project Management position.

Upper management is focused on helping me expand my abilities as a marketer. They've sent me (and many others) to multiple marketing conferences, purchased any learning material I've requested, and continually encourage me to continue to expand your role in the company.

They involve everyone in the company in the decisions that affect our entire organization. Everyone's opinion is valid.

Cons

The company is incredibly fast moving. If you don't embrace change, you're not going to be comfortable.

Advice to Management

There's no better feeling than seeing someone promoted from within. It gives me continued desire to keep pushing to improve the areas of the company I have control over and to continue pushing to advance in my career.

Delta Defense Response

Oct 10, 2017

You're an ultimate success story! We're lucky to have you.

Discover more reviews about Delta Defense.