Employee Review

Former Employee, more than 5 years

Has its ups and downs.

Feb 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

On-site Life Coach for employees to meet with to discuss stress, work goals, life goals, mental health, etc. Recently revamped HR Department with a huge focus on employee well-being. On-site cafe with the ability to buy snacks and beverages. Small, but worthwhile library with tons of books to help with professional and personal growth. Rather generous Christmas bonus given out each year. All company bonus if sales/membership metrics are met. The CEO is a good man that genuinely cares about the employees. He takes time to get to know you, which shows that you are more than just a number. On-site gym with a ton of different equipment for workouts. Workout classes are also offered. Benefits package is rather nice. Great health insurance, life insurance, 401k, etc.

Cons

The Core Values are strictly enforced among lower level employees, but higher level employees are given leeway to operate outside of the core values. Can be a very stressful work environment in the contact center due to high volume of incoming contacts. Many employees feel as if they are “drowning” with no hope of getting caught up. They have been many restructurings in the Marketing Department to the point in which people have had their jobs eliminated. Many of these people were very loyal companies and their jobs seemed to be removed without giving much thought. Compensation is on the lower side, and you only have one chance per year to earn a raise. Negotiating for a raise outside of late December is often a losing battle. Employees have resigned from Delta based on compensation related reasons alone. Things are not as transparent between management and lower level employees. This was a strength 5-6 years ago, but with the growth of the company there has been an increase in red tape. Management seems to be willing to work with certain employees on scheduling matters more than others. There are hints of favoritism in certain departments, which results in employees losing faith in their managers. High level of burnout among lower level employees.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Delta Defense Response

Senior Manager, Culture and Talent Acquisition

We know our Core Values have been key to rapid growth. In cases where there appears to be a Core Values mismatch with an employee Delta Defense makes every effort to communicate effectively our expectations. But we also listen. If there is a belief that senior managers or others are held to different standards, that is not an issue previously brought to our attention and one that we would have certainly investigated and evaluated. Transparency, by definition goes both ways. Yes, Delta has experienced incredibly rapid growth and some things have changed internally. What has not changed is our commitment to honesty. We offer multiple ways for employees to ask questions, even anonymously, all the way up to our CEO. If an employee here is not getting answers, it is very likely that employee has not asked direct questions, because we take communications very seriously as we grow. We wholeheartedly work with employees on their issues and needs. We do this with our survey tools, weekly company wide meeting, department meetings, weekly one on one meetings and internal company communications. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great

Apr 22, 2021 - Call Center Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay, Culture, Office, Team, Training

Cons

none, it's a great company

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Amazing, Caring Culture

Apr 13, 2021 - Senior Front End Web Developer in West Bend, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

The CEO speaks to the entire company weekly about things he really believes in and tries to practice himself to make life in general better for everyone as well as improving the workplace culture and productivity. You'd be extremely lucky to find a workplace that cares more about values and culture and strives to live them out.

Cons

Isn't keeping up with salary increases over the past decade (at least in the tech sector). They're only comparing themselves to other companies in the region and WI doesn't have high living expenses, so they tend to have lower wages as well (though they have pretty good benefits). Now that COVID has made so much more work remote, they need to jump way up to compete even a little bit. Also, the IT team is almost 100% remote now, so it's much more difficult to build up close relationships than it was previously.

1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Delta Defense.