Delta Dental Plans Association - A good starting job | Glassdoor

"A good starting job"

Current Employee - Associate Software Designer in Okemos, MI
Current Employee - Associate Software Designer in Okemos, MI

I have been working at Delta Dental Plans Association full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great starting position. Not enough room for promotion, as well as deprecated technologies, but it's still good experience and a foot in the door for other development work.

Cons

Very top heavy. I feel like there's more managers than employees.
Company culture leaves a lot to be desired. It's an insurance company with a heavy focus on IT (that's the back bone of everything they do) yet they refuse to acknowledge this. They want to remain professional to the point of being kind of silly. They're very uptight.

Advice to Management

Loosen up a bit. Things are taken far too seriously.

Other Employee Reviews for Delta Dental Plans Association

"A company that has been in the dental industry for over 50 years."

Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Delta Dental Plans Association full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company is very secure and there are many employees in across the states.

Cons

New claims processing system and working with other employees in other states are very challenging.

Advice to Management

More training.

2. "My internship at Delta Dental allowed me to gain vital sales experience and fill an important business role."

Current Intern - Sales and Account Management Intern in Okemos, MI
    Current Intern - Sales and Account Management Intern in Okemos, MI

I have been working at Delta Dental Plans Association as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility- As an intern they were able to schedule around my classes and give me enough hours. They were even flexible if I needed a day off here or there.

Environment- It is a laid back environment within the sales team. The Dress Code is business casual. Delta Dental as a company has the feel of an established corperation which I enjoyed. It gave me an opportunity to feel like I was part of a very professional company, and not one with a crazy party work envionment that many sales internships have to mask the monotony of the tasks or cold calling you do there.

Cons

Sometimes there are slow days as an intern, where there isn't a ton of work to do and those days can go slow.

Advice to Management

Keep doing the same thing. Management is very fair about their goals and expectations, and they are extremely pleasant to work with and for.