Delta-T Group - Excellent opportunity to learn about the behavioral health field as I completed my Bachelors Degree. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Delta-T Group

"Excellent opportunity to learn about the behavioral health field as I completed my Bachelors Degree."

Former Contractor - B H T in Phoenix, AZ
Former Contractor - B H T in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Delta-T Group as a contractor (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, good support from staff in the office at Delta T. Many learning opportunities by the vast array of assignments offered. Pay was commensurate with experience.

Cons

The assignments are short term because they are temporary. You are considered a independent contractor, and their aren't any benefits offered.

Advice to Management

Try to retain your good employees by offering incentives.

Other Employee Reviews for Delta-T Group

"Go with CCRES instead"

Current Employee - Personal Care Assistant in Coatesville, PA
    Current Employee - Personal Care Assistant in Coatesville, PA

I have been working at Delta-T Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They will take anybody with a degree, so it makes for an easy way to get a first job. You will also get started very quickly. You can also write off mileage and potentially other expenses since you are considered an independent contractor, so save those receipts and log how many miles you need to drive each day!

Cons

-Applied on a Thursday, interviewed on a Friday, was in the classroom on Monday with absolutely NO training or information about the client I was about to work with. I was told I got the job then thrown into a classroom.
    -TSS's and PCA's are considered independent contractors, so you have to pay your taxes either quarterly or yearly (which is a pain in the butt), you do not have any opportunity for any benefits, and you're never really sure how much you'll have to pay come tax-time.
    -The business side of it is very shady. For my "interview" I did an hour of paperwork and then got to see which cases I could take-there was no interview! Anybody could have gotten that job without anyone blinking an eye!
    -You do not have a case manager or anyone which you can report directly to if you have any questions, just a bunch of angry people who would rather be doing something else than answering your important question.
    -Find somewhere where you can get benefits and advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

Please provide more support to your employees. I need someone specific of whom I can ask questions, not random people contacting me about irrelevant things.

2. "$35 an hour for Certified Special Educators to teach in Baltimore City Public Schools?"

Former Contractor - Certified Special Education Teacher in Baltimore, MD
    Former Contractor - Certified Special Education Teacher in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Delta-T Group as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to work in multiple schools, grade levels, and children with a wide variety of disabilities.

Cons

You are called an "independent contractor", which means you get no taxes taken out, you pay the government quarterly, and don't have workman's comp., sick leave, benefits, holiday pay, travel expenses........ In addition, you have to purchase all your own supplies, follow the same requirements as regular staff, have an hours' pay deducted for "lunch- 20 min. and two 15 minute non-existent breaks. are threatened with termination if you call in sick, and often go weeks between assignments

Advice to Management

Look up the IRS's definition of an " independent contractor".