Deltek - The senior management team is really bad. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Deltek

"The senior management team is really bad."

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Herndon, VA
Current Employee - Business Analyst in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Deltek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not required to work overtime.

Cons

Bad management team which leads to a bad culture there. No room to grow, no appreciation to people's hard work, no future!

Advice to Management

When add someone in the management team, please hire someone who is competent to that level. Don't just listen what they say, but also need to see what they are capable to do.

Other Employee Reviews for Deltek

"The only certainty is uncertainty."

Former Employee - Applications Implementation Consultant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Applications Implementation Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Deltek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

As a consultant you can set your own hours if you work from home, you get to work with a variety of great people internally and externally.

Cons

I have never worked for a company where you never know if you will have a job at the end of the quarter.

Advice to Management

Deltek has been acquired by another company so hopefully the new management will value the consulting staff that remains. They are good people.

"Sad to see it go downhill"

Former Employee - Engineering in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Engineering in Herndon, VA

I worked at Deltek full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Flexible work schedule, great people

Cons

Oh where to begin? I was laid off in the November round (great timing, guys!) and while I was sad to leave, I'm glad I'm gone. Deltek was a good company in it's day, but that day is done. The new management that has taken over doesn't care what you do or what you know, it's how much you cost. We already went through that cycle with New Mountain and it's quarterly layoffs for a few years and it was incredibly depressing.

There's no new development taking place with Costpoint or GCS and I feel sorry for the customers who pay for it. Somewhere there's another company out there ready to take over the market share. It won't happen overnight but it will happen.

All the outsourcing to Makati will come back and bite them. The people are nice but they don't have a work ethic like in the US. The QC estimates are crazy high and it takes them 3 times as long to test something as a US worker does.

Advice to Management

No advice...they wouldn't take it anyhow. My advice to current employees is that if you get laid off, there are better companies out there! Take your severance pay and enjoy it.