Deltek - Sadly Very Disappointing | Glassdoor

"Sadly Very Disappointing"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Herndon, VA
Current Employee - Senior Manager in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Deltek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice office building. Many good people working hard in the middle.

Cons

When I arrived at Deltek - I was fairly certain Deltek would be my last employer, and I would retire at Deltek. Over the past 5+ years - the company has gone downhill significantly. There is no opportunity for growth despite on-going promises. There is a high degree of favoritism and unequal treatment. Work-Life balance is non-existent. I work every weekend, every evening, and every vacation with no recognition. VP level management behave like pendulums, and you are often left guessing which way the tides will be rolling on any given day. Unclear how we are still in business. Many concerns over the long-term prospects. Budgeting is very strange. There is no money for sales generating activities - yet there is money for random high value expenditures.

Advice to Management

There was some great things happening here when I joined. Take a step back and look at past successes. Get to know the mid-level employee. Listen to them - hear them.

Other Employee Reviews for Deltek

"Great corporate culture with friendly co-workers and a hard-work mentality."

Former Intern - Match Analyst in Herndon, VA
    Former Intern - Match Analyst in Herndon, VA

I worked at Deltek as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Team work, training, company values, flexible schedule, work-life balance, structure of the work, clear responsibilities, good guidance, good communication with senior management

Cons

Some of the work was mundane, daily responsibilities were repetitive, lack of diversity in type of work to be done, work began to be outsourced

Advice to Management

Consider including more activities for interns and inter-department communications, try to offer more activities to increase relations between different departments, make sure interns have an idea of different departments as they could make good potential future employees.

"When you are ready for a challenging and rewarding career move.. Deltek is the place to be."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Deltek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Deltek is awash with Type A personalities. Work is done quickly, efficiently and pragmatically. Community among departments is strongly encouraged and offers great insight into areas a single employee may be less familiar with.

Cons

It can be overwhelming to compete with peers in this company.

Advice to Management

Continue to walk the Deltek values.