Deltek - Good Company Flexible Work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Deltek

"Good Company Flexible Work"

Current Employee - Operations in Herndon, VA
Current Employee - Operations in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Deltek full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Casual Dress, Flexible work, I agree that taking on new projects is at your discretion. IT department is good.

Cons

Good luck getting a promotion, most higher positions are filled with outside hires. There have been many layoffs and communication from top down could be better. Getting a contract through the legal department is painful and takes forever- they need to hire more legal reps or change the process.

Advice to Management

More communication. Better talent management, invest in your employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Deltek

"Great Benefits"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I worked at Deltek full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and fun work environment. They had special events for their employees often. They allow telework and managers are flexible.

Cons

The acquisitions that took place between 2010 and 2012 disrupted the organization and made employees feel as though they did not have job security.

"Sadly Very Disappointing"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Deltek full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice office building. Many good people working hard in the middle.

Cons

When I arrived at Deltek - I was fairly certain Deltek would be my last employer, and I would retire at Deltek. Over the past 5+ years - the company has gone downhill significantly. There is no opportunity for growth despite on-going promises. There is a high degree of favoritism and unequal treatment. Work-Life balance is non-existent. I work every weekend, every evening, and every vacation with no recognition. VP level management behave like pendulums, and you are often left guessing which way the tides will be rolling on any given day. Unclear how we are still in business. Many concerns over the long-term prospects. Budgeting is very strange. There is no money for sales generating activities - yet there is money for random high value expenditures.

Advice to Management

There was some great things happening here when I joined. Take a step back and look at past successes. Get to know the mid-level employee. Listen to them - hear them.