Deluxe Corporation - If you have other options, pursue them. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Deluxe Corporation
There are newer employer reviews for Deluxe Corporation

See Most Recent

Helpful (5)

"If you have other options, pursue them."

Star Star Star Star Star
  • Work/Life Balance
  • Career Opportunities
  • Comp & Benefits
  • Senior Management
Former Employee - Manager in Shoreview, MN
Former Employee - Manager in Shoreview, MN
Doesn't Recommend
Disapproves of CEO

Pros

95 percent of the people that work at Deluxe are absolutely fantastic to work with. The problem is that the other 5 percent are in charge.

Cons

There is a revolving door. Many great people were let go because of constant schisms in upper and mid-level management. People that remain are severely overworked and are doing the job of several people.

Other Employee Reviews for Deluxe Corporation

  1. Helpful (4)

    "Great business model - Difficult to Execute"

    Star Star Star Star Star
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN
    Disapproves of CEO

    Pros

    Deluxe has a very strong business model, building on their relationships with small businesses and financial institutions to provide them with new products and services as their traditional products (checks and forms) decline. They are getting into the online marketing space at the right time through a number of key acquisitions. They have some great employees who really want to make this company transformation work.

    Cons

    The senior leadership team is not equipped to motivate and drive the change needed. The CEO, when brought in, was a super fit for what Deluxe needed at the time: driving a turnaround, cutting costs, streamlining the organization and putting a clearly defined business strategy in place to transform the old check printer.

    It is now time for someone to take over that can inspire and motivate change. The current method is through fear and threat. Unrealistic demands on revenue growth without the support and time needed for new businesses are put on new leaders as they are brought in, setting them up for failure. This has unfortunately resulted in declining moral and constant churn at very key leadership positions.

    I really liked working at Deluxe, and feel they have a real chance with their strategy. They just need to do some cleaning at the top.

    Advice to Management

    See my comments above. I would say that leadership needs to change. It could be as simple as replacing the CEO, bring in someone inspiring that gets the digital space. More focus on living up to the culture of Deluxe - one that is connected to both customers and employees; and more aspirational in its reach to move quickly to deliver the value its customers expect.


  2. Helpful (1)

    "That's not how we do things here."

    Star Star Star Star Star
    • Work/Life Balance
    • Career Opportunities
    • Comp & Benefits
    • Senior Management
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN
    Doesn't Recommend
    No opinion of CEO

    Pros

    Benefits and salary are great. On site cafeteria. Flexible work hours. Travel arrangements. Free checks for all employees. Co-workers are well-intentioned.

    Cons

    Leadership lacks experience in the industry the company provides products for (financial services). Inexperienced management and no effective coaching for those managers. No confidentiality between human resources and direct managers when there are issues. Product development process very poor for a process-oriented company. Company culture very unforgiving to outsiders. Average length of employment for Deluxer is 20 years so change is highly unlikely.

    Advice to Management

    Not everyone is designed to immediately fit in to a closed culture. If you hire outside with the stated expectation to bring in fresh thinking and approaches then coach and hold your leadership team to that expectation. Establish a no tolerance policy for retaliation and breach of confidentiality between HR and management when employees notify HR of any issue. Not everything should have to be submitted through the compliance hotline to make senior leadership take this seriously.


There are newer employer reviews for Deluxe Corporation
There are newer employer reviews for Deluxe Corporation

See Most Recent

Work at Deluxe Corporation? Share Your Experiences

Deluxe Corporation
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
  • Star
 
Click to Rate
or