Demandware - Great company to work for if you have passion in ecommerce | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Demandware

"Great company to work for if you have passion in ecommerce"

Current Intern - Retail Praitice in Burlington, MA
Current Intern - Retail Praitice in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Demandware as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

People here are talented and collaborative.
Have exposure to household brand names and tons of internal coupons from clients.

Cons

There is nothing significant that I do not like, at least at this point of time.

Other Employee Reviews for Demandware

"Awesome company and culture"

Current Employee - Software Developer in Burlington, MA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Burlington, MA

I have been working at Demandware full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not sure about some of these negative reviews. Guess it depends on who you work for because my team is awesome. Yeah we work hard and it's stressful at times, but I love the pace and the pay off. Engineering has come a long way, and there's always room for improvement but my complaints are pretty minor. I love it here. Amazing culture, great benefits, and great executive leaders.

Cons

Can be stressful, and sometimes it seems like we're competing with the engineering team in Germany. It's gotten better, but sometimes it is an annoyance. Also a little confusing about how we've handled our recent acquisition as it doesn't seem like we're working with them at all. Everything is really kept separate so we don't know much about them and what they do.

Advice to Management

Communication is key and you do a good job here, but keep it up. We hear a lot of rumors through the grapevine and you help clarify a lot of confusion. Don't over hire and stress out the organization by adding too many new people to the mix.

"All of these glowing reviews are a bit misleading"

Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Burlington, MA
    Former Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Burlington, MA

I worked at Demandware full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to work with some cool technologies. Nice location in Burlington. Some really sharp engineers for sure. Great designs. Right place at the right time with a good foundation to build on.

Cons

Chaos reigns supreme in Engineering. Lots of dead weight that do incredibly little work. And on the other spectrum - ambitious people can get over-worked , dumped on, and burnt out. Very poor at balancing the load . Benefits sub-par. Moderate to high stress environment. When the layoffs come, with next economic downturn, expect the U.S. division to get hit hard as there is over hiring going on, and German division is the mother ship of Engineering with more difficult labor laws to layoff.

Advice to Management

Engineering is a house of cards. Get things in order while there is still time.