Dematic - Disrespected | Glassdoor

"Disrespected"

Current Employee - Controls Engineer I in Grand Rapids, MI
Current Employee - Controls Engineer I in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Dematic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are lots of new products coming.

Cons

No respect for a family life your life comes last to this company. You will sometimes find yourself pulled in multiple directions at once. You act as Design Engineer, Commissioning Engineer, Project Manager, and Customer Service. You pretty much perform all functions. They have Project Managers but no one knows what they do. Because Project leads do almost everything they do.

Advice to Management

Lighten up on being so focused on hitting 1 billion in revenue. Work on making sure your employees can have a life at home. Working your employees to death to obtain your financial goals will not help you bottom line. Make sure you promote or hire managers who know how to manage people. A lot of our mangers are good Engineers but have terrible people skills.

Other Employee Reviews for Dematic

1. "Great real world experience, headed in the right direction."

I worked at Dematic full-time

Pros

Overall a good company, constantly working to make things more efficient and better for everyone in the company while putting the customer first.

Cons

Communication, as customer orders pile on the building process does not happen as fast as what is guaranteed.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard.

"This is a review coming from someone straight out of college. Worked as an applications engineer."

Pros

Dematic has great people and not to mention Grand Rapids has to be one of the nicest places to live in michigan.

Cons

Travel is mostly the only down side. Don't get me wrong traveling is nice occasionally but it can get to be alot. But traveling = money.