Cover image for Democracy Prep Public Schools

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great work environment and benefits. Meaningful work for future generation!

Feb 17, 2022 - Data Analyst in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

I really love working here. Everyone has been so welcoming since I started my application process, and the work I do everyday gives me a feeling of fulfillment. There are lots of room and opportunities for personal development, initiating your project of interest, and learning new things every day. Not to mention all the generous employment benefits this school provides. Thanks, DP!

Cons

Not much things to say, honestly, but it would be super amazing if our medical insurance plan is fully covered by the school with lower deductible... (Right now about 70% is covered by the school for both me and my wife together, which is still awesome!)

Continue reading
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Hard work, extra hours, worth it

Nov 7, 2022 - Teacher in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Kids are great, great leadership

Cons

long hours and hard work

Democracy Prep Public Schools Response

Thank you for your review. We're glad you've enjoyed your time at Democracy Prep!

2. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good School

Nov 22, 2022 - Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

- as a new teacher, you can learn various teaching styles - they reimburse your tuition for graduate school education - teachers share lesson plans, so you don't start from scratch - mentoring system

Cons

- long working hours - a lot of workload

Democracy Prep Public Schools Response

Thank you for your review and for the time you've spent working at Democracy Prep. We agree that we set our new teachers up for success with coaching, professional development, and tuition reimbursement.

Discover more reviews about Democracy Prep Public Schools.

Democracy Prep Public Schools Careers

Cover image for Democracy Prep Public Schools

About Us Democracy Prep set out to prove what is possible for public education in America. Our flagship school, Democracy Prep Charter...More

• Teach
  • Lead
  • Civics
  • All Students

Democracy Prep Public Schools Photos

+ Add Photo
Democracy Prep Public Schools photo of: 100% going to college!
Democracy Prep Public Schools photo of: Democracy Prep teachers in professional development, excited to share a love of learning.
Democracy Prep Public Schools photo of: Greeting scholars as they prepare to take on the day.
Democracy Prep Public Schools photo of: College pride at Harlem Prep High.
Democracy Prep Public Schools photo of: A happy elementary classroom!
Democracy Prep Public Schools photo of: Writing skills are incorporated into every subject, in every grade.
Democracy Prep Public Schools photo of: A focused and engaged classroom.

Democracy Prep Public Schools Job Seekers Also Viewed