KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 3 years

Student

Mar 3, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Detail-oriented, committed to serving their respective communities and providing students with quality education.

Cons

No cons at this time.

1 person found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Freelancer, more than 1 year

Great

Jun 14, 2022 - Anonymous Freelancer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, educators and staff of all levels seem eager to want to provide students with quality education and experiences.

Cons

Some of the schools are better than others.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Teacher

Jun 27, 2022 - Teacher
    Business Outlook

Pros

The children at this school are some of the most loving and authentic I have ever worked with. They are so full of life and will create an unbreakable bond with adults who respect them as their equals.

Cons

This network does not pay teachers what they deserve and have unrealistic expectations of what can be done during the school day. I grew tired of teachers being blamed for every problem and no accountability was taken on the part of leadership (and no apology). If you value autonomy, this is not the right place for you. Everything here is micro managed even when they claim they are giving you freedom. This network does not have subs, so when people call out (and they WILL call out), you are doing the coverages. Leadership is quick to blame teachers for taking time off, but ignore the real issue: Why does your staff not want to come in? Why do they need so many mental health days? Instead of answering these questions, more blame is placed on teachers instead looking at the real problem. If you have any ounce of respect for yourself and your worth, this is not the place for you.

1 person found this review helpful

Democracy Prep Public Schools Response

We agree that our scholars are wonderful! Thank you for your feedback. This year, we did a comprehensive study of our salaries and implemented a revamped and competitive compensation system for the 22-23 SY. Unfortunately one of the side effects of the pandemic is a nation-wide shortage of substitute teachers. We are committed to finding and providing coverage when it's available, but like many school districts right now, the pool is incredibly limited. We know that as a teacher it adds to your workload to cover for another class, and we appreciate your hard work and dedication to our scholars.

Discover more reviews about Democracy Prep Public Schools.

Democracy Prep Public Schools Photos

+ Add Photo
Democracy Prep Public Schools photo of: 100% going to college!
Democracy Prep Public Schools photo of: Democracy Prep teachers in professional development, excited to share a love of learning.
Democracy Prep Public Schools photo of: Greeting scholars as they prepare to take on the day.
Democracy Prep Public Schools photo of: College pride at Harlem Prep High.
Democracy Prep Public Schools photo of: A happy elementary classroom!
Democracy Prep Public Schools photo of: Writing skills are incorporated into every subject, in every grade.
Democracy Prep Public Schools photo of: A focused and engaged classroom.