Denny's - Server | Glassdoor

"Server"

Current Employee - Server
Current Employee - Server

I have been working at Denny's part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, tips, 24 hour business

Cons

No room for growth other than full time salary management

Other Employee Reviews for Denny's

1. "Working for the Corporate Denny's was great. However when they went to franchise everything went south."

Former Employee - Server in Barstow, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Barstow, CA

I worked at Denny's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started out working for a corporate store. That was great. The management cared about their staff because it was all about Teamwork. When we got busy, the managers did not hesitate to jump in help where ever it was needed to keep thing flowing smoothly. The overall guest satisfaction was high. While working for corporate, we didn't have to worry about our paychecks being on time or short. We even got vacation pay and 1\2 price on lunches. I would give Corporate a 5 Star rating.

Cons

When our store went to a franchise store; everything went bad. They took our vacation pay away and started deducting $4.00 everyday we worked for our lunches. (even if we didn't eat....we were still charged) Our paychecks were usually late and occasionally short. The franchise management did not understand the concept of teamwork. When it got busy, they would go to their office and not help out. It showed in the overall guest satisfaction. The franchise management played favoritism with the hours and if they don't like you; they simply will not schedule you to work. They don't even have enough professionalism to fire you. I would give Franchise a 1 Star rating.

2. "Good food, great place, but they don't care about us"

Former Employee - Server in Ontario, CA
    Former Employee - Server in Ontario, CA

I worked at Denny's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Tips, 50 % off, Team work skills, open 24 hours, bus boys, don't have to share tips

Cons

Management, cheap customers, lots of walk outs

Advice to Management

To be more open minded, and to listen to your employees, we know some things too