Denso Manufacturing Tennessee - Good company. Great Co-Op opportunities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Denso Manufacturing Tennessee

"Good company. Great Co-Op opportunities"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Good company. Great Co-Op opportunities

Cons

There are some trust issues between the headquarters in Japan and the manufacturing plant.

Other Employee Reviews for Denso Manufacturing Tennessee

"Engineer's perspective"

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Denso Manufacturing Tennessee full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay, stability and benefits are second to none for the area. For exempt (salary) staff, schedule flexibility can be great, can be terrible dependent on your management.

Annual performance reviews can be positive/encouraging/attainable - again dependent on your management. My last one was very positive, but that was after 4 mediocre ones where I never felt I had full, absolute control of my goals and objectives.

I can't say for certain, but I've heard that promotions for engineers are limited based on cost which really only hurts people when everyone does really well. That being said, promotions are awarded based on performance within a reasonable time (4 years for me).

Cons

The bureaucracy can be debilitating. Seemingly common sense decisions can take a mountain of approvals and as such can take forever if one person is unreachable.

Certain members of middle management wield significant influence that trumps other departments more often than not to the detriment of the plant.

"DENSO not very enthusiastic towards older workers"

Current Employee - Production
    Current Employee - Production

Pros

Steady job with a large company. Pretty good insurance and typical benefits. Options for insurance plans and 401k with company match.

Cons

Very fast pace with little tolerance for human error. Pay is very low for such high expectations. Managers stress safety and people first but the reality is quality parts come first. Older workers are not regarded as competent or worth much and often put on the hardest, fastest jobs with much younger workers who can outperform them - maybe to denigrate them? Some older workers feel left out and even frowned on by some team leaders and higher ups. Some disrespectful comments from team leaders about older workers have been overheard. Typical Japanese management style where the Japanese live to work rather than work to live.

Advice to Management

More emphasis on the human element and also practice that "respect" talk. What you do is so loud I can't hear what you say. Make daily numbers reasonable instead of exhausting: people have a life outside of DENSO and would like to have a little energy left to live it!