DentaQuest - Long time employees not valued over buddy system | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DentaQuest

"Long time employees not valued over buddy system"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mequon, WI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mequon, WI

I worked at DentaQuest full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, good wages, good hours. The training is intense and on-going. There can be room for promotions. There is a casual dress code and can be a family atmosphere at times. There are some wonderful people there. It is a tough job, but the compensation is really good.

Cons

Friends and relatives of management receive preferential treatment. Long time employees are not valued. People are promoted based more on their relationships over their abilities.
Management sometimes plays games as far as "catching" you or encouraging employees to undermine others. Their supposed anonymity is a farce.
It is a tough job, clients can be nasty. But, anyone working in customer service know that. They expect you to control every aspect of communication and have unrealistic goals set. They use those to get rid of or demote certain people.

Advice to Management

Check into situations before believing the worst.

Other Employee Reviews for DentaQuest

"Former employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at DentaQuest full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The employees (non-management) that struggle daily with inefficient processes and sub-standard systems are the heart and soul of DQ.

Cons

These same employees that struggle daily by giving their all are never thanked by senior leaders or the executives. These great employees are the individuals that keep DQ going. The Execs at the top only care about raking in the millions upon millions of dollars and padding their own pockets. These so called leaders say the "right words" to make the outside world think that they are an Executive team that appreciates ideas from others and embraces diversity. This could not be farther from the truth. The top most "leaders" at DQ follow dictatorship practices. Some of their daily activities include bullying, lying, unethical behavior and the inability to make sound decisions and stand by them. Time and time again it has been proven that the execs will push making a decision down to a direct report and then blame and ridicule that person for making the decision if the situation should go awry or turn out other than expected. On the other hand if a VP should make a decision regarding a process and it turns out wrong, he/she will walk away from it and blatantly blame others. Whatever happened to owning a mistake and learning from it. Oh wait.......... I must be thinking of a company other than DQ. It saddens me a great deal to see (and witness, until recently) what happened to DQ. I am an intelligent individual and made many positive contributions to the organization when I was employed there. My intelligence allowed me to embrace change and pass that along to other employees. All intelligent people know that with any successful business you must have change. However, a GREAT company would embrace change by laying out the roadmap to the future, meet with the employees to explain the changes and what they would entail and then THANK all of those employees that brought the organization such success. This did not happen because DQ does not have the correct leaders at the top beginning with the CEO on down. Instead these same top leaders made very poor decisions behind closed doors and kept things to themselves until it was time to belittle someone or fire them for no good reason. Everyone above Director level needs to be looked at and their qualifications questioned. If you look on the career page on the DentaQuest website, you will find well over 100 open positions. There must be a reason that these positions cannot be filled timely, or at all. I have much more to say but could go on for days. Since I am a self respecting individual, I had to live by my morals and ethics and leave DQ. My heart goes out to all of those great employees at DQ that give their all, are really smart and the only reason that DQ still has a business to run everyday. DentaQuest is not the place to work if you are a smart, caring, enthusiastic and ethical person.

Advice to Management

Where do I begin? I cannot believe all that I witnessed over the last 4 years. Everything about DQ is smoke and mirrors and a facade to present to the Board. Before I left DQ I kept hanging in there with the hope that things would get better. I have always been an optimist. However, after experiencing things getting worse and not better, I would have been a fool to continue to be optimistic. When I was a new employee many years ago, I would tell everyone what a great company I worked for. Then things changed, but not for good. As mentioned above, change is needed to succeed and remain competitive. However, change needs to happen in the right way and not on the backs of those that got the execs to where they are today. DQ did not get to where it is today and gain its success from the Exec team. It got there by the hard work and dedication of countless non-management employees that gave their all and truly cared. DQ could not yell from the rooftops that they are "improving the oral health of all" without these employees. The Exec team didn't have to answer thousands of CS phone calls or process countless EE files or process a claim. They didn't have to work countless overnight shifts in IT to make up for the sub standard systems that you all think is so wonderful. No...... You did not have to do any of this. What you should have done is thanked these many people and not call them stupid or ridicule them. If you step back and take a long hard look at your assets you will see that the systems are horrible at best. It is embarrassing to see what DQ lacks technologically in comparison to other organizations. But the best asset that you have is the hundreds of people that do the work for you. Stop belittling them. Actions speak louder than words. Your actions are not positive at all and go against what you claim to be. It will not take long before the word is out about the real DQ and it's horrible treatment of its best asset, its employees. It is truly shameful to see what has happened here. I hope you all (execs) can sleep at night thinking about the HUGE bonuses you will all receive. All the money in the world is not worth risking my integrity, ethics and moral fiber. I hope someone can get through to you before you lose many more employees.

"Nice people, competitive salaries, not very effective processes"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at DentaQuest full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people I have worked with at DentaQuest are exceptional.
    The salaries competitive and the benefits great. The work environment is casual and comfortable.

Cons

The processes in place are often based on ideas of those in place since the company was very small and not based on education and standard processes. This can get very frustrating as communication is very often lacking and confusion abounds. This has a huge impact on morale and departments getting along.

Advice to Management

Instead of pulling in expensive outside resources to organize and create processes, educate the employees for very specific roles to create long term growth.