Depomed - If you don't care for politics, then don't work for this company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Depomed

"If you don't care for politics, then don't work for this company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

Pros

-people at the bench level are pleasant to work with.
-people at the lower level are technical and knowledgable

Cons

-collusion between people in upper management designed to undermine others efforts;

-lack of accountability, responsibility by upper management "Lead by Consensus" philosophy;

-decision making is done by consensus. If you disagree with the consensus (2-3 people in upper management) you are labeled a "problem";

-management approach is to take the shortest, highest risk route rather than the "right" approach. Often make decisions predicated on time lines rather than "correct/industry standard"" or "ethical" approach;

--promotions through Nepotism

Advice to Management

Foster a culture of diversity in opinion & experience rather than going with the corporate "Bobble Heads"

Other Employee Reviews for Depomed

1. "Sales Specialist"

Pros

Current bag of products is strong.

Cons

There is one director that thinks his region is his own fiefdom. If you aren't part of his inner circle, its difficult to advance.

2. "Lesson learned"

Pros

Honestly, the only reason I stayed so long was because I liked some of my coworkers -- though definitely not all of them.

Cons

Depomed is an awful company to have worked for. Though, they say you learn more from bad experiences than good - let's just say I learned A LOT! Executive staff is all male and white and they don't like listening to anyone who isn't part of the exec team. I hardly ever got to actually do my job because we had too many people in the department trying to do something that I never got to learn my own job! You ask for help and no one wants to help you until you've failed and then it's not to actually help because they have your best interest in mind but because they want to rub your face in it like a dog.

If you're passionate about learning more and getting good experiences DO NOT work at Depomed!

Advice to Management

Look to your employees for advice and opinions - we all have different experiences to learn from and you hired them for a reason, right?!