Dept of HHS Administration for Children and Families - No increase in pay for YEARS; Low pay to begin with; NO work-Life balance; High turnover rate | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Dept of HHS Administration for Children and Families

"No increase in pay for YEARS; Low pay to begin with; NO work-Life balance; High turnover rate"

Current Employee - Child Protective Investigator in West Palm Beach, FL
Current Employee - Child Protective Investigator in West Palm Beach, FL

Pros

Flexible schedule, good benefits, interesting work

Cons

Few opportunities for promotion; Low pay with far too many cases as a result of high turnover rate. High turnover rate is due in large part to the lack of pay raises.

Advice to Management

Child protective investigators need more pay and more opportunities for advancement within the agency. There needs to be incremental pay raises for years of service, along with cost of living increases. Top management earns far too much, there is a too high degree of disparity between the workers in the field and upper management. Those of us who love the job are tempted to leave because of the very low pay and the fact that high turnover rate causes those of us who do stay on the job to be loaded down with cases. Hiring more people does not solve the root of the problem. Management needs to look at keeping good employees, and one way to do this is by implementing regular pay increases for years of service.

Other Employee Reviews for Dept of HHS Administration for Children and Families

1. "Nothing to do!"

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Washington, DC

Pros

I worked as a summer intern in 2008 and the pay was definitely the best part of the job. With almost no work experience, I started off at $12/hr.

Cons

There was almost always nothing to do. Most of my time was spent trying to look busy and when I was actually given work, it was just busy work.

Advice to Management

Make sure there is always something for the interns to do.

2. "Personnel Assistnat"

I have been working at Dept of HHS Administration for Children and Families full-time

Pros

The benefit package is excellent and they have an office in almost every county. The salary is good as well.

Cons

There is no room for advancement if you do not work in Trenton, NJ

Work at Dept of HHS Administration for Children and Families? Share Your Experiences

Dept of HHS Administration for Children and Families