Employee Review

Current Employee, more than 1 year

GREAT PLACE TO WORK AT

Jun 7, 2021 - Personal Banker in Gilbert, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

GREAT PLACE TO WORK AT

Cons

Don't have anything bad to say about this company

Communications Specialist

We appreciate your positive review! If you have any further feedback to share, please send it to wecare@desertfinancial.com.

1. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Professionally run financial institution.

Jun 17, 2021 - Teller
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of room and opportunity to advance if you are a talented and hard worker.

Cons

No traditional retirement plan now.

Continue reading

Communications Specialist

We are glad to hear that your time with us has been positive. We hope that you were able to take advantage of our 401K matching program and money management classes to help you build up your retirement fund. Thank you for your review and for being a part of our team!

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Client Relationship Specialist

Jun 10, 2021 - Client Relationship Specialist in Scottsdale, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great incentives, free snacks, not just stuck on the desert financial websites all day.

Cons

I've been with the company three years and they pay me less than new people coming in. They increased the teller wages and didn't increase ours. If short staffed they will have you do the teller role while telling you to keep up on your applications. With Covid they have been commonly short staffed. During the start of Covid they had us taking their customer service calls with little to no training. It is a branch position however they had no problem having us do the banker role and the customer service role.

Communications Specialist

Hello and thank you for your review. We are glad that you've been able to take advantage of our benefits, large and small (who doesn't love free snacks?). We appreciate you bringing up the pay for our branch staff. The starting salary for all branch employees was adjusted at the beginning of this year. All team members earn our defined starting salary or exceed it. We welcome experienced employees to our team and they are paid fairly for the experience that they bring. We continuously monitor compensation and make adjustments to ensure we remain competitive with our pay and benefits. Additionally, we are moving toward a more flexible model of staffing, providing training and development for our teams to enhance their skills so that they can effectively support any of our members needs. If you have further feedback to share, we would love to hear it at wecare@desertfinancial.com. Thank you for being part of our team!

Discover more reviews about Desert Financial Credit Union.