Desert Schools FCU - I enjoy working for Desert Schools because it was fun taking care of members issues and the supervisor made it fun place | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Desert Schools FCU

"I enjoy working for Desert Schools because it was fun taking care of members issues and the supervisor made it fun place"

Former Employee - Member Solutions Representative in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Member Solutions Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Desert Schools FCU full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Cons

The main cons I can say was when a members was disappointed with our service due to an error on their accounts and we were blame for it, when it was their fault.

Advice to Management

Continue to be there for you employee

Other Employee Reviews for Desert Schools FCU

"Joke"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

They Volunteer with many places

Cons

They do not pay well

Advice to Management

Who cares what you know just smile and flirt. If you do you could go from analyst to director overnight! Executive managers should habe more insight into what the Senior Managers do and who they promote.

"Insane!!"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Desert Schools FCU full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits and hours worked with family. Met some great friends while working there.

Cons

This is a credit union and I think Senior Management forgets that. They tried to compete with banks all the time. Change is good for the better not because some other bank is doing it. That would be the wrong reason to change everything. Promote within you have great hard working employees that would not be so unhappy if you trained and promoted employees. So much money/time is wasted with redundancy. Hire your managers on character and abilities not on familiarity and loudness in your face people who can put up a show.

Advice to Management

You need to remember what it was like to work in the front lines (Teller, MSR's, Managers).
    Get an identity for the credit union and be unique!! I felt like we constantly where copying what the banks where doing instead of doing what worked for us and the MEMBERS who keep us open. Stay on top of technology and most importantly be a CREDIT UNION otherwise change your name to Desert Schools BANK!!