Design Within Reach - Great place to get a foot in the door at commission sales | Glassdoor
  1. "Great place to get a foot in the door at commission sales"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Costa Mesa, CA

I have been working at Design Within Reach full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, business dress preferred (not a deal breaker for me, I prefer it) and family unit atmosphere. Plenty to learn and grow with the company, depends what you want out of the job. Great benefits package, not your typical retail store environment. Options to move up to Account Executive and further up in the company if desired. You get what you put into the job.

Cons

Steep learning curve, so sink or swim! Most mistakes can be fixed, just don't make it a habit. Lots of gray area aka rules with exceptions to be aware of, but nothing that can't be learned if you put the effort in it. There can be low and high tides, be sure to know how to keep yourself busy and productive!

Advice to Management

None at this moment.

Design Within Reach2018-10-11

Design Within Reach Response

June 4, 2019Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this note! We appreciate your input and are happy to hear that you are enjoying your time here.

1. "Great experience"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Paramus, NJ

I worked at Design Within Reach full-time for more than a year

Pros

For someone just entering in to the interior design world or someone looking to grasp a deeper understand of the history of deisgn..Design Within Reach is the place to be! Working at the Paramus location was an amazing experience. For someone new to the design world, DWR offers all the tools you need to be successful . From training videos, classes (taught by the vendors themselves!) and guidance from leadership... you’re in great hands. It’s a fun, welcoming work environment with a great team mind set! One of the best things about this location is even know it’s a Commission Environment once again it’s all about the team, it’s not cut throat as other commission based studios. One of my favorite parts of working at Design Within Reach is the in home consultation you get to do as an account executive! Getting to be invite in someone’s home and helping them create their dream space is an amazing feeling! Learning about the history of design an so many brands I never new about was so eye opening and a experience I would of never had without Design Within Reach!

Cons

promotional periods can be stale sometimes and are often back to back, not giving clients a time breath before you start reaching out again about another a sale.

Design Within Reach2019-06-21

Design Within Reach Response

July 3, 2019Talent Acquisition Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this note. The key to our business is our commitment to not only customer service, but to our associates. We appreciate your input and look forward to hearing from you again!

2. "Great professional place to work!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Oxnard, CA

I have been working at Design Within Reach full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is an amazing store and company to work for! The product is so easy to sell, its the the best of modern design at great prices. We have the best clientele from all over. Its a really good work environment and professional. The Store Manager is always very helpful and wants and encourages all employees to be successful. The work environment is collaborative and fun. The Store and Company expectations are... easy to achieve as long as you are passionate about great customer service and interior design. The staff takes great pride in their work environment. Management is always flexible and open to making improvements. There is room for advancement, 2 Account Executives have been promoted to Managers this last year.

Cons

Sales are so great and we can not get merchandise in fast enough.

Design Within Reach2019-09-14

Discover more reviews about Design Within Reach.