DesignPT - Great IT managed service provider that focuses on the nonprofit sector | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for DesignPT

"Great IT managed service provider that focuses on the nonprofit sector"

I have been working at DesignPT full-time

Pros

DPT's mission is to build happier, healthier communities through the application of technology. I love this mission and the focus on the nonprofit sector. DPT is also committed to improving the skill level of its team - there are cash incentives for achieving your MCSE or MCSM certifications (for specific tracks), and provides mentors to help each employee grow, get promoted, and reach his or her potential.

They also have a really unique benefit in addition to the standard health insurance, PTO, and matching 401K - after four consecutive years of employment, employees earn a paid month-long sabbatical.

Cons

We're a fast-paced, busy company that serves as the IT team for a portfolio of clients, and we have a high bar for our employees as far as technical expertise is concerned. You have to be able to hit the ground running from day one. Salaries tend to be middle-of-the-road for the Alaska marketplace.

Other Employee Reviews for DesignPT

1. "MSP focused on Nonprofit clients in Anchorage"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anchorage, AK

I worked at DesignPT full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working almost exclusively with clients who's mission is improving the lives of their community is truly rewarding, and has positive spill-over effects to DesignPT's own corporate culture. Competitive salaries and benefits. Good opportunities to learn and grow outside of your current skill-set.

Cons

Being a small MSP, would sometimes have to put in 60-70 hour weeks to cover vacancies.

Working with Nonprofits is rewarding, but also has it's own challenges.

Advice to Management

Middle management employee evaluation seems broken (or lazy). Marginal techs who make a point of over-dramatizing their successes in staff meetings tend to receive advancement over exceptional techs who just quietly completed their work.