Destination Hotels - Providing a culture that allows a hotel entreprenuer the opportunity to use their skills again. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Destination Hotels

"Providing a culture that allows a hotel entreprenuer the opportunity to use their skills again."

Current Employee - Sales Director in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Sales Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Destination Hotels full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

After a rather long career in Sales and Marketing at branded hotels, what an opportunity to come to this independent hotel company and put my best skills to work.

Cons

You have to use your brain to succeed, don't try to fake it.

Advice to Management

With each person using their independent hotels as a model, the best practices can be shared by all. Use them.

Other Employee Reviews for Destination Hotels

1. "Truly enjoy working for this organization"

Current Employee - Director of Sales & Marketing in Santa Fe, NM
    Current Employee - Director of Sales & Marketing in Santa Fe, NM

I have been working at Destination Hotels full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Destination Hotels and Resorts is an amazing organization to work for. I value their ability to allow for creativity and entrepreneurial thinking. They are constantly looking for ways to foster growth and improve.

Cons

While no organization is completely perfect, I truthfully cannot think of any cons to share. I suppose we wish there were more DHR hotels in our portfolio!

Advice to Management

We're blessed to have the ability to have contact with our senior management. It makes our organization different from others.

2. "Off to a great start"

Current Employee - DOSM in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - DOSM in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Destination Hotels full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've worked for a number of the big hotel chains including Starwood & Disney, and the past year with DH&R has been a breath of fresh air. While my previous roles have given me a wealth of knowledge and disciplines, I now have the opportunity to try new initiatives and tactics that I know can produce great results, but without the constraints that other companies place on individuals. We also place emphasis on hiring not only talented candidates, but those that can build off of great teams and networking. The corporate team at DH&R is filled with talented folks that truly care about their employees and are always available to assist with any needs. Our diverse independent portfolio also allows individuals to advance in various career paths and take on skills that can apply to any hotel chains if you so chose to leave at a later date.

Cons

If you're looking a company that allows networking with thousands of peers that you're also competing for the same jobs, then this company is not for you.