Destination XL - The feeling of being isolated from all corporate people with your only connection is a DM that is a "bully". | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Destination XL

"The feeling of being isolated from all corporate people with your only connection is a DM that is a "bully"."

Pros

The customers are great. They appreciate your guidance and assistance. Regulars would come to see me as I would always tell them I will not dress you up in items that I would not wear myself.

Cons

Low wages, 90% of the time working alone, not enough product to sell to customers, unfriendly supervisors that are insulting to associates.

Advice to Management

Talk to and listen to the associates and management staff. The need to filter everything via the DM hinders clear and proper communication.

Other Employee Reviews for Destination XL

1. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Destination XL full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Commission sales, opportunities to advance, and getting to work with an awesome customer base.

Cons

Benefit cost, operating systems need to be updated.

Advice to Management

Be sure to provide the tools for success to your people in the field. Update their systems, give them more hours for better floor coverage, and make more opportunities for training within the regions. Keep listening to us in the field and stay in touch with the client base and their needs.

2. "Management"

Former Employee - District Manager in Rostov-na-Donu (Russia)
    Former Employee - District Manager in Rostov-na-Donu (Russia)

I worked at Destination XL full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Hard to come up with anything good to say about anything or anyone associated with this company in stores or home office

Cons

Upper management can not be trusted. Says one thing does another. Only interested in their bonuses. Time in DXL was the worst waist of time and embarrassed to have been associated with these people and this company. I could go on and on.

Advice to Management

Don't think about working here